Chicken and Broccoli Casserole should be classified as a drug.

I'm only slightly kidding here, folks. I am a BIG fan of chicken and broccoli casserole, and the lack of leftovers prove my point. What's chicken and broccoli casserole, you may ask? Well, bear with me...when I first heard what was in it, I didn't think it could possibly be good. But boy, how wrong I was. Chicken and broccoli casserole must be a southern thing, because I never heard of it before I moved down here. It's cooked, cubed chicken, mixed with sour cream, cream of chicken soup and broccoli, topped with stuffing and cheddar cheese. Oh. My.

I meant to take pictures again last night, but...well...my stomach was rumbling :) But for those of you that want to try it, check out the recipe below.


CraftyGirl's Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe

Makes one 9 inch round casserole

Ingredients:

1 chicken breast, cooked and cut into small cubes
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can of cream of chicken soup, undiluted (put that water/milk away, people!)
Frozen broccoli (or fresh, steamed), about 1 and 1/2 cups
Stuffing mix (think Stovetop)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded


Directions:

-Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
-Prepare the stuffing mix according to the package directions and set aside.
-Mix chicken, sour cream, soup and broccoli together and place in the bottom of the casserole
-Top with the stuffing mix, and then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil, so your cheese doesn't burn
-Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
-Let cool for a few minutes, and dig in!



And in the near future, look forward to some gratuitous pictures of stir fry and my new wok, which was an early birthday present from one of my sisters! It came in the mail today (my birthday is Friday..Leave me some love, you know you want to) and I am SO excited to use it!


Until next time.. stay crafty!
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment