Moving to the Country

It's been at least a month since my last post - probably close to two. What could've possibly happened to silence CraftyGirl for so long, you ask? Was it a month of mourning because I couldn't find the right fabric for a project? Did Michael's have a huge sale and I'm currently buried in shopping bags? :) Thankfully, it's not either of those...though I wouldn't mind buying more craft supplies! ;) No, these past two months have been spent in preparation of a huge move, the move, and then the unpacking.



Are we completely unpacked yet?...I'm not sure if we ever will be :) But I think we're getting there! We've also added to our family since we moved - Navi (our dog), Link & Zelda (our cats) and George, Grace & Audrey (the chickens). If you're a fan of The Legend of Zelda video games, you might've picked up on our enthusiasm over naming our pets :)






It's so nice to be in a house, not an apartment...one of my favorite things (besides having two bathrooms instead of one) is that I can make noise anytime I want without worrying about waking people up. Sometimes I can't sleep, and cleaning helps me wind down. I'm pretty sure the neighbors at our apartment complex wouldn't have appreciated me vacuuming at 2am. :)



The only downside to moving, that I can think of, is that I haven't had much time to work on craft projects lately...and Christmas is rapidly approaching! The past few weeks have been full of painting, unpacking, chasing after animals, and there just hasn't been much time in there to work on Christmas presents.

So, dear readers, I'd like to ask you: What's your go-to quick Christmas present that you like to make? I can't wait to hear your ideas in the comments section! :)

Until next time, stay crafty!
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment